Eco & Ethical Fashion Showcase + The Up-cycled Challenge
Thursday 15 August 2019, 7pm
Lower Hutt Town Hall
Strike a pose! Our models are ready to strut their stuff in this fun runway show that promotes materials and production methods that are sustainable, ethical and/or environmentally friendly. Featuring 12 designer collections from around New Zealand, as well as 39 entries for the ‘Up-cycled Challenge’, the Eco Fashion Runway show will have you cheering your favourite outfits.
Discover who the winners are of the ‘Up-cycled Challenge’ plus pick your favourite for the People’s Choice Award.
Book now through Eventfinda. Tickets $5, booking fees apply.
Information for Entrants
Entry forms due: Sunday 30 June
Applications forms and full entry information available from www.ecofashion.nz.
This special entry category is for fashion textile students and amateur enthusiasts to showcase their work, right alongside the professionals. So grab that sewing machine, enter online and whip up a fantastic creation! Nothing beats the buzz of seeing your design appearing on a professional runway and it’s a fantastic opportunity to showcase your skills if you are keen to forge a future fashion career. The Up-Cycle Challenge will be judged and prizes will be awarded in the above categories. Prize details will be released nearer the show.
Categories for the Up-Cycle Challenge:
- CLASSICALLY BLUE: Design a dateless classic runway look using a minimum of 75% recycled denim
- CASUAL IN T’s – Design a casual day wear look using a minimum of 75% recycled t-shirts
- RUNWAY READY IN AVANT GARDE – Design a look that is runway ready out of a minimum of 75% recycled men’s business shirts or woollen blankets
- CULTURAL INFUSION – Design a Moana Oceania ensemble incorporating modern & cultural techniques using recycled fabrics
Up-Cycle Challenge entry fee: $25
Emerging and Established Designers: There are no separate categories for Emerging and Established Designers, but the criteria for submissions are: Eco, Ethical, Up-Cycled, Locally Produced and NZ Made. Professional entry fee: $350
Eco Fashion Runway Show:
- Thursday 15 August 7PM, Lower Hutt Town Hall
- Entry $5